Thursday, April 5, 2012

Getting Motivated ... again

CONTRIBUTED BY JEN

I'm very excited to get started on a new extended Spring competition with all of you! I hope you will use this site to share ideas and inspiration. Email me to post anything you want to add.

Below are links to some tools I use that you might find helpful.

To track my calories, fat, carbs, and sodium intake, I am using:
I use the website to track and I also bought the pro app for $3.99 for my iPhone. You can actually scan the barcode on any food you are eating and it will pick it up and add it to your foods.

To check whether the calories mynetdiary.com suggested for me are reasonable, I matched it with a few other sources. I like this blogs simple answers:
If you read through this page gives you both a 'Nutritional Needs Calculator' and a 'Basal Metabolic Rate (BMR) Calculator'. I found these both very helpful.   

I also found this page which had another interesting calorie calculator:
It gives an ideal daily caloric intake based on weight, height, and age, but also incorporates a 7 day calorie zigzag guideline that I love - stating that calorie cycling tricks your body and helps to prevent or break plateaus.

No comments:

Post a Comment